Saturday, January 31, 2009

I'm confused... is it Winter or not?

Ok, so we got some snow for Christmas. A lot of snow! Then, it warmed up for January. Our Spring-like weather turned to rain and cold over the last weekend and today, it's quite warm again. Although I love the warm temperatures, we really need the snow. The Almond growers in the valley are getting very nervous as am I. I always put my sweet pea seeds in the ground in October and await thier arrival in April. They're already up and most are over 5 inches tall. This will be sad when we finally get the snow which usually happens in February. We'll juat have to wait and see.
The weather today was gorgeous with temps hovering at 70 degrees here. I moved Amelia's house (a hot water heater box) onto the deck and we got out her paints and decorated for a while.
Right now, Joel and Amelia are jamming on their harmonicas. We went to the used book store yesterday and Joel got a new book about playing the harmonica to add to his collection. I've been with this man for over 13 years now and have only ever heard him play Oh Susannah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a little something - we'd love to hear from you!