Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!


Happy 2009!!! We had a fairly laid back yet fun evening with the neighbors. We started at Dennis and Laurie's with snacks, beer, ping pong and darts in their new game room. I really suck at ping pong. Around 10pm, we all walked down to our house to ring in the new year with more snacks and champagne cocktails and were joined by John and Chelsea. Amelia passed out for good around 11 and I was sure that the fireworks would wake her at midnight - they did not. We did our traditional illegal activities and yelled "Happy New Year" to the neighborhood. The Guitar Hero was turned on and bed finally called to us all by 3:30am. Of course, Amelia was up by 7 to watch cartoons.


A few days ago, I wrenched my back when I picked up the girl. Today, it hurts an aweful lot and I've been using my rice-heat pack throughout the day. Amelia and I were watching Shrek thisafternoon and I set the pack aside. She asked me I didn't want it anymore and I explained that it had gotten cold and needed to be heated up again. Amelia, being such a helper, took my heat pack to her room and put it in her little oven - so cute!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a little something - we'd love to hear from you!