Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My New Toy

I've wanted one ever since I saw it on an infommercial at 3am many months ago... a Steam Mop. I hate mopping the floor and I don't have time to get down and scrub it every time so this seemed like a very cool thing to me. So, I didn't get one for Christmas and I didn't get one for my Birthday so, after selling my little motorcycle last week, I splurged. Joel brought it to me at Gwynne's thisafternoon (I was painting again) and I tried it out in her kitchen while Amelia was still napping. WOW! It turned out pretty good. We brought it home and I had to wait until after dinner to try it out in my own kitchen 'cause everyone was hungry, darn it. The floors look great and they're not sticky like mopping sometimes leaves them. I also did the master bathroom - major improvement! Amelia's bathroom will have to wait for now as I went through all 6 of the cleaning pads and they are currently in the washer. That's right, wash and reuse! No waste, no chemicals, no more crap to buy and it only weighs about 4 pounds. So far so good on this crazy purchase.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I know exactly what you are talking about and have been eye balling it for sometime now. I just might have to check it out... especially if it's as awesome as you are making it sound!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a little something - we'd love to hear from you!