Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Too Much Mail?

As a sometimes rural route carrier for the United States Postal Service I am quite often asked why I deliver so much "junk mail." Well, it's probably because you've never told "them" not to send it to you so, here's whatcha do... when you get a piece of mail that you don't particularly want, don't throw it away! Open it! If it includes a paid Business Reply Envelope, simply write "take me off your mailing list" on what ever they sent you that has your name on it and place everything in that paid envelope and send it back. It may take a few times but eventually, you won't get that crap anymore and... the business has to pay for that envelope to be returned to them so that means your mail carrier gets to keep their job a little longer.
Another issue I'd like to address is Earth Hour 2009. It will be held March 28th at 8:30pm and encourage all to join in. It's one hour that you really try not to use electricity - turn off your TV and lights, enjoy a glass of wine and a candle instead! It's only and hour people!

So, today is my 32nd birthday. I'm wearing my pretty new boots and taking it easy today. I will, however, be preparing my own dinner. This is because I have a craving and Joel doesn't know how to make Chicken Picatta but... I do. It's all good, I like to cook. Now, if I could just get Joel to clean it all up. Nah.

1 comment:

Leave us a little something - we'd love to hear from you!