Saturday, September 26, 2009

Seeing Spots

It's been a pretty eventful week here. On Monday afternoon, I went to Gwynne's to pick up Amelia. She and Roxy were naked and playing in the kiddie pool. When I went to help Amelia with her clothes, I noticed that she had some red spots on her right thigh and thought they might be flea bites. After examining the family pets, we decided they were not flea bites. The next day, Amelia seemed a bit under the weather and by the afternoon, there were more spots. Wednesday came and Amelia's voice left. Again... even more spots. By Thursday, the little girl had no voice, no temperature and was starting to look like a leopard. Making a few phone calls, I tried to ease my mind on what could be going on. Without a fever, our pediatrician didn't want to see her. I spoke with my sister-in-law, Donna, that night and found that my neice, Melaynie, had been diagnosed with H1N1. That's right... Swine Flu. What??? After some Tamiflu, the little chica is doing much better. Now... on to Friday. Amelia is once again without voice and has the spots from her ankles on up. For the first time all week, she sleeps all night. Today we wake up to a new girl and... a doctor's appointment. Our Pediatrician says she's fine and that the spots show her sensetivity to being even slightly ill. I guess this will help us out later when she tries to fake being sick in order to get out of taking a Math test. What? No spots? You're fine. Go to school. Her voice is a bit clearer today and her energy level is back to normal. Emergency averted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a little something - we'd love to hear from you!