Sunday, December 7, 2008

Aaaaahhh Chhhhhuuuuu

After 6 weeks of going full speed ahead my body decided that we've had enough and I need a break so, I have a cold that really seems to be kicking my ass. Jager and Alkaseltzer Cold help a bit. I spent the month of Novemebr delivering the mail, helping prepare for Amelia's school's annual Christmas Shop fundraiser, putting the annual SPNS cookbook together, studying for my Real Estate exam and being mother and wife, not to mention hosting Thanksgiving. I guess I deserve this. Now that most of those things are finished, I can concentrate on my Real Estate studies and prepare for Christmas. Here's where the new stress begins. Joel has family arriving here on Christmas day, I have family coming to Winnemucca and now we're trying to figure out how to be in two places, 6 hours away from each other, at the same time. Plans are still in the making on this adventure.

I have already finished my Christmas shopping and have begun the baking! I really do like this part. The other night, I finished making homemade dog cookies for all of Honey's friends and Amelia wanted to try one, I explained to her that they were for dogs but eventually gave in a let her have one. It only took one bite for her to realize that she and Honey do not have the same tastes in cookies and Honey happily chomped down the remainder of Amelia's dog cookie.

Last week, Joel brought home the greatest thing ever.... a giant cardboard box from a hot water heater. He cut a door and some peep-holes and let Amelia go to town on it with some markers. It really is fantstic - she spend minutes in there at a time!
At the moment, Joel and Amelia are curled up on the couch, sleeping through a football game. I would be too but the cold medicine is spinning me out a bit. Maybe I'll go hang up some Christmas light sor something!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a little something - we'd love to hear from you!